You can book an appointment by calling 01606 544342, online via Patient Access or by dropping in and speaking to one of our receptionists.
Appointment times vary but are normally between 8.40am to 5.50pm. Doctors’ appointments are 10 minutes long. Routine doctor’s appointments can be booked in advance for up to two weeks ahead.
2 Week Pre-bookable appointments
Appointments are available to book on line and via reception up to 2 weeks in advance to see a Doctor or ANP.
3 Day In-Advance Pre-bookable appointments
These appointments are released 3 days in advance and are bookable via reception.
Pre-bookable Telephone Consultations
We also offer on a daily basis a set number of pre-bookable telephone consultations, if you feel that the problem can be managed over the phone. These appointments can be booked in advance for up to two weeks ahead and are for routine advice and follow up consultations. Call and speak to one of our reception team on 01606 544342.
Same day Appointment Requests
Acute Telephone Consultations
These are for same day acute problems where you feel telephone advice only is needed. These are limited in number and can be booked via reception from 8.15 each weekday morning.
Sit and Wait
We have changed from a telephone triage to a Sit and Wait system for requests for acute same day appointments.
The Sit and Wait runs from 9am till 11am and is for acute medical matters that cannot wait for an appointment later in the week.
- Your appointment is only for acute medical matters only and is 5 minutes long. If you have other medical issues please book a routine pre-bookable appointment.
- Patients are seen in order of arrival- however patients may be seen out of order dependant on medical need.
- There is an afternoon sit and wait for Emergency problems only- if you feel you have a medical problem that is an emergency that cannot wait till the following day please contact reception.
Booking Online Appointments
You can book appointments online. You will need to register for this service first which can be done by calling into the surgery and speaking to one of our receptionists.
If you cannot keep an appointment please let us know as soon as possible by calling 01606 544342.
Please contact the surgery after 11am
Fit for Work Notes (Sick Notes)
You can complete a self-certification note for the first 7 days of absence off work, GP’s do not do notes for the first 7 days of absence from work or can charge a fee if a note is requested. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statutory-sick-pay-employees-statement-of-sickness-sc2
If you have been in hospital/A+E or outpatients- the hospital should provide you with a Fit Note for the length of time you require off work- please ask A+E/hospital/outpatients to provide you with a fit note. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment-data/file/349915/fitnote-hospital-guide.pdf
These can take up to a week to be available after you have had your blood test; some more specialized tests can take up to 6 weeks to be available.
- The doctor will comment on all blood results and you will only be contacted if the doctor requests us to. You will not be contacted if your blood tests are normal.
- Reception can only read the comments the doctor has put on the tests and cannot discuss them with you.